CBSE class 12th English exam was held on 09th March 2017. We are here to present analysis of English paper of 2017 so that you can get good CBSE Result 2018
The English paper was mixture of hard and easy questions but the paper was a bit lengthy and students were finding it difficult to finish it on time. Teachers were expecting at least 85 percent marks from the students.
HOTS (High Order Thinking Skill) Questions– There was no HOTS questions in English paper.
The paper was divided into three sections- Section A, Section B and Section C.
It was of 100 marks out of which:
- five question Comprehensions of 9 marks
- one question Vocabulary testing of 3 marks
- one question on Comprehending & Note Making of 5 marks
- one question on Summarizing Skills of 3 marks
- one question on Short Writing Skill of 5 marks
- one question on Factual Reporting of 10 marks
- one question on Long Writing Task of 10 marks
- one question on Article writing of 10 marks
- three question on Poetry appreciation Interpretation of 4 marks
- four question on Comprehension Interpretation of 8 marks
- five question on understanding interpretation of 10 marks
- long answers of 17 marks
- four question on short question of 8 marks.
Chapter wise Marks distribution (This should be focused to get good)
CBSE Result 2018
Section A:- Reading Comprehension (30 Marks)
Unseen passage with includes both short and very short passage, word formation, Factual passages, Descriptive passages, Literary passages (drama or biography).
Section B:- Writing skills (30 Marks)
Question will be based on very short question (Advertisement, drafting), short question (formal and informal letter) and long question (Article).
Section C:- Literature and Long Reading Text (40 Marks)
Very Short Answer Questions (based on poetry), Short Answer Questions (based on prose, drama) Long Answer Question (based on text, theme and characters).
Flamingo and Vistas both are published by NCERT.
Solve these questions and you will get good marks in CBSE Result 2018
Want to get good marks ? then check here