CBSE class 10th Social Science exam was held on 09th March 2017. We are here to present analysis of Social Science paper of 2017 so that you can get good CBSE Result 2018 .
Social science paper of 2017 received mixed reaction from students and teacher some found it a little bit tricky and hard on the other hand some students found it easy and straight forward. Many students faced trouble in solving map based question of history and geography. Overall rating of paper is 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.
In the words of chahat khanna, student of bhartiya public school, Gaziabad, “Social Science paper was not tricky. The students who are thoroughly prepared will have been able to deal with the questions.”
HOTS (High Order Thinking Skill) Questions– HOTS questions was less in the paper.
- There were 30 questions in the paper.
- First eight questions was very easy and scoring.
- Students also had few choice based questions.
- The answers of the questions of three marks were direct but lengthy so students found it difficult to complete it in time.
- There were eight descriptive questions based on application of five marks each.
- The last two questions were from maps of History and Geography.
Chapter wise Marks distribution (This should be focused to get good CBSE Result 2018 )
India and the Contemporary World II (History) (20 Marks)
- Choice was given between Nationalism in Europe and Nationalist Movement in Indo – China (4 Marks)
- Nationalism in India (6 Marks)
- Choice was given between Industrialization 1850 s – 1950s, Trade and Globalization and Urbanization and Urban lives (4 Marks)
- Choice was given between Print culture and nationalism and History of the Novel (4 Marks)
- Map work (2 Marks)
Resources and their Development (Geography) (20 Marks) CBSE Result 2018
- Choice was given between Resources, Natural Resources, Forest and Wildlife Resources, Agriculture (6 Marks)
- Choice was given between Water Resources, Mineral Resources, Power Resources and Manufacturing Industries (6 Marks)
- Transport, Communication and Trade (4 Marks)
- Map work (4 Marks)
Democratic Politics II (Political Science) (20 Marks)
- Power Sharing Mechanism in Democracy (6 Marks)
- Working of Democracy (6 Marks)
- Competition and Contestations in Democracy (4 Marks)
- Choice was given between Outcomes of Democracy and Challenges to Democracy
- (4 Marks)
Understanding Economic Development II (Economics) (20 Marks)